in 2001, the Hollywood Congress of Republicans (HCR) is a
grass-roots political organization which is a chapter of the California
Congress of Republicans, a permanently chartered organization of the
California Republican Party. HCR is built upon the shared Republican
principles of individual liberty, genuine economic opportunities and
leadership in world freedom.
HCR's primary purpose is:
- To further the Republican Party, its philosophy (below) and the election of
Republicans. To promote these principles from, and within the
HCR's objectives are:
- To maintain a professional networking community of Republicans in the
entertainment industry (and/or supportive thereof)
To discuss and work on common problems and goals within the Industry,
both professionally and politically.
- To be an effective Republican grass-roots volunteer political
- To be an influential political force for constructive action to
preserve and protect responsible constitutional government, and to
preserve honesty and integrity in California Republicanism.
- To educate members and the public at large through workshops, speakers
and study groups regarding pending legislation; regarding candidates for
public office; and regarding important issues of the day.
- To help Republican candidates through pre-primary endorsement; by
fund-raising and selective support; and by serving as officers, members
and leaders in other organizations.
- To increase Republican registration and voter turn-out of all
- To encourage qualified Republicans to seek public office by assisting
them to appear before groups to become well-known and to become elected.
- To take part in local government and in precinct organization.
- To promote unity, effectiveness and loyalty among all Republican
I believe that the proper function
of government is to do for the people those things that have to be done
but cannot be done, or cannot be done as well by individuals, and that
the most effective government is government closest to the people.
I believe that good government is based on the individual and that each
person's ability, dignity, freedom and responsibility must be honored
I believe that free enterprise and the encouragement of individual
initiative and incentive have given this nation an economic system
second to none.
I believe that sound money policy should be our goal.
I believe in equal rights, equal justice and equal opportunity for all..
I believe we must retain those principles worth retaining, yet always be
receptive to new ideas with an outlook broad enough to accommodate
thoughtful change and varying points of view.
I believe that Americans value and should preserve their feeling of
national strength and pride, and at the same time share with people
everywhere a desire for peace and freedom and the extension of human
rights throughout the world.
Finally, I believe that the Republican Party is the best vehicle for
translating these ideals into positive and successful principles of